Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

We love Valentine's Day here at our home! It's definitely a close runner up to Christmas. I grew up with a Mother who loved making every holiday special, even the small ones. My mom would always decorate the house and make yummy treats. She would always have a special surprise waiting for us at the breakfast table too. I'm trying to carry on that tradition. Arli is finally getting old enough to get excited about anything and everything, she loved helping me decorate and LOVED helping me make sugar cookies. We had SO much fun with the cookie cutting, that I decided it would probably be best if I frosted the cookies:)


Arli was very focused on cutting out hearts that is until she realized how fun playing in flour is!

When she woke up from her nap and the cookie decorating was done, I thought I should let up a little on the no sugar thing and let her taste her creation. She really enjoyed herself!

14 comments:

Christen said...

DELICIOUS!! I was cracking up -- she is too cute and I love her Valentine's dress. She's always so stylish!

am and fm said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! We are coming to Utah in June around Father's Day ...Could you ask Arli if she is free that week...we would love love love to meet her!

Nava_jo said...

my favorite part. "la la licous|!" Arli is defiantly awesome,and you were nice to give her a quarter sized of sugar. Looks like she loved it. Isn't valetines FUN|!

Holly said...

Is this really the first time she has had sugar cookies? I am impressed. I love that you are putting so much effort into making her holidays memorable, good for you.

The Jesperson Family said...

Wow! She REALLY loved that cookie! Too cute (Tanner loved them too)!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Kendra Meyers said...

Love the new blog design, Lisa! Now if only you would post some new pictures every once in a while...

Ashley said...

Ok Lisa, I've completely given up on you and blogging. You know, I really don't get to see you guys that often so it would be nice to have an update every now and then. Like even ONCE a month :)

Sherian said...

Lisa! Where are you? I miss you, and I'm getting ready to send out a search :)

Holly said...

Where'd you go?

Mandee said...

LISA!!! cute blog! now you just need to post some more....hahahahah!!

love you! miss you!

John & Marie Haynes said...

What a SWEET and BEAUTIFUL GAL !!!
Hope all is well !!
Hugs & Kisses to Arlington !!! from Grandma Soirez & Aunt Pita

Sherian said...

Lisa? are you out there? it's like yelling into outer space...can you hear the echo?
"Lisa,saw,saw,saw,aw,aw,aw? I miss you,ew,ew,ew,ew,ew!"
I'm thinking that Arlington must be heading off to college soon...
No really, I do miss reading your blog. If you get a chance to drop by my blog, let me know you are still out there...somewhere!

John & Marie Haynes said...

It's that time again... almost a year has gone by....
Write Me....
Love Aunt Pita