Monday, April 16, 2007

Probably my most favorite treat...

Well, ONE of my most favorite treats is the chocolate chip cookie! (I know I should say that my favorite treat is fruit but you would all know that I was definitely lying!) I have searched high and low for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe and at last I feel that I have found it! (However, Ashley your recipe is a close runner up:)) Ashley decided for a play group that we should all make and bring our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to share, so the night before I whipped up a batch and they were so beautiful, it almost brought tears to my eyes! So I had to take a picture to capture the moment!

For any of you that find your mouth watering just looking at this picture, I've decided to share this wonderful recipe with you! ( And for those of you that do have it, I hope you've enjoyed them!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 pound butter/margarine
4 Tablespoons vanilla
3 beaten eggs
2 Tablespoons baking soda
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
6 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups chocolate chips
(This recipe makes a lot of cookies, so I usually half it)
ENJOY!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Finally I get the recipe. Thanks Lisa! Your cookies are pretty dang good! It was fun to try so many different recipes and see which ones we liked best. Nice pic too. It's tantalizing me...

The Jesperson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jesperson Family said...

I am sooooooo missing playgroup and the opportunity to have some of these. They look so yummy!! I tried to make these one time and they tasted good, but didn't look as pretty, you'll have to give me a tutorial! =)

Sorry I deleted my previous comment, there was a spelling error so I wanted to re-type it, but I didn't realize it would come up as a deleted comment.

jules said...

I'm sitting here at work starving, wishing I had some of those cookies. They look so good! I'll have to try out that recipe.

am and fm said...

So Lisa...my address is 2062 W. Silver Meadow...those ship pretty well right? So I can expect some say...Thursday? That would be great! There is a cooking class at church...I can take em and pass them off as mine! You're a SUPER PAL!! Oh and they better look just like that picture!

Holly said...

I love how the cookies are laid out in perfect little rows! I'm excited to try the recipe - Trevor, Max, and Annika are even more excited!

Heart Mommy said...

I love these cookies... What is bake time and temp? You guys are the best. Thanks for everything on Sunday... Two more Days!!!!!!!

Clawson Family said...

Sorry Brynn I forgot to add that, it's 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

Christen said...

Lisa, this is dangerous. Thanks a lot! ;)

Nava_jo said...

Your sharing Recipes? Ahh, I feel like part of the family now.

I'm defiantly trying them out. NOw Joseph and I can get even fatter! Thanks LISA!

Nava_jo said...

So we Tried them, and I'm pretty sure JOSEpH had HALF OF THEM. (doing my best to get him chubby so he will fit in with the family) If you have any more great recipes to share please pas them on.